Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meet Lucy Sue

Weighing in at 8 lbs 16 oz and 21 inches length, I present to you Lucy Sue Miadich. I'm pleased to announce that both mother and daughter are healthy and happy - therefore, so am I. Lucy beat Joey in both weight and length at birth. He's a pretty big boy these days so lets hope these stats don't remain proportional as she ages. But if they do, she'll still be beautiful all the same. She looks a lot like Joseph when he was born so I keep calling her a he. I'm working on that and am hoping to have it figured out by tomorrow.

Here's the quick recap: After a pretty uneventful latter half of the day, we didn't think much had progressed. But then the nurse checked Lindsay out around 6:30pm and surprised us all by telling us it's time to push. About 20 grunts and 30 minutes later Lucy made her grand entrance without any complications. Lindsay was nothing short of amazing. It was a pretty special moment for us and made all the more special with the support from Joy, Lisa, and Sharon throughout. Joy held down counting duties during contractions. I'm not going to lie, she started out shaky. At the beginning, the speed of her counting was directly proportional to the level of her excitement. Her ten counts only reeled off about 4 seconds in actuality. After a gentle correction from the nurse, however, Joy began to hold it down. Towards the end, you could set a clock to her pacing and the rising intensity as she got closer to 10 began to pump us all up and gave Lindsay a little added boost at the end of each push. Lisa and Sharon traded off camera duties and despite a few errant shots that captured a bit too much graphic detail, we now have some amazing pics that will allow us to remember this beautiful day forever. And their peaceful and loving presence provided us both with a degree of support that can only be described as graceful. Sharon even delayed a flight back home to Sacramento tonight and was just able to stay long enough to meet Lucy before dashing out to catch her flight. I sincerely thank all three of you for helping to foster such an amazing moment in our lives. A bit later, both grandmas paid a visit to their newest granddaughter. I feel unbelievably blessed that Lucy has two of the most beautiful and loving grandmas on God's Green Earth. And seeing two good friends brought closer together by their second edition of shared blood is beyond words to witness.

Well, Lindsay Sue and Lucy Sue are cuddled up tight in bed now and resting peacefully. It's probably time for me to do the same. Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. Tomorrow morning Joey gets to meet his new baby sis. Let's hope he doesn't try to claw her eyes out.



8 comments:

  1. I am crying in laughter at your accuracy of the counting fiasco. I want to argue it wasn't so, but I'd be lying.
    Thanks for being so willing to emerge yourself in estrogen all day. Witnessing a miracle is something I won't ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Big Girl! Congrats to you both, we are excited to meet her!

    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy everyone is healthy!! Sounds like it was an incredible experience!! We want to see more pictures!!!!!
    Love, love, love you all,
    Bend Beall Fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!! Congrats everyone! Can't wait to meet this chubby wonder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats you guys! Glad everyone is doing well. Matt, love the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt! What a great writer you are. Thanks for documenting all of this, and we cannot wait to meet Lucy. I am so glad that everything went beautifully.
    Love,
    Beth, Court and Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thrilled!!!! She is beautiful, just like her mommy! Congratulations! XOXO
    Jamie Rose, Jason and June

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me in tears Matt! Your writing makes me feel like I was there! I can not wait to get my hands on little Lucy Sue!.... and Linds, my words fall short to describe how happy and proud I am of you! To call you family is a gift and honor! We Love you guys! THe Rosinkranz gang. :)

    ReplyDelete