Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting Closer

Things are getting serious, Lindsay just threw up. I teetered on the brink of freaking out, but I'm holding steady for now. Turns out my wife is a lot, lot tougher than I am. Our doula, Laura, just got here thank heavens. Now when the contractions come and I turn into a deer in the headlights, there's someone here who actually knows what to do.

Just found out that Lindsay's at 4cm. I won't go into details of what that entails for those of you who don't care to know, but it's good news. Things are moving along quickly. For now, I'm just trying to stay out of the way and not screw things up. Laura is great and tells me what to do so I'm not totally worthless, lowering my score to about 95% worthlessness. I did, however, manage to trade out our squeaky rocking chair out for another one...which ended up being just as squeaky. Looks like I'm back to 99.99%.

7 comments:

  1. I love you guys! Awesome posts...I feel like I'm there with you both.

    Tell Lindsay to keep breathing, focus on something in the ceiling and it will eventually be over...I promise!

    Give her and Mini Mio a kiss for me!

    xxoxoxo
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the funny updates Matt. I woke up in the night a couple times thinking about you guys and I'll be praying a lot to day. Keep up the good work
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited. If you accidentally write "joy" on the birth certificate instead of Joseph, I won't be upset.

    Praying! (for you guys...not the name change...well maybe a little.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Throwing up is good...well not for poor Lindsay but good for progress! So excited for you guys, sending prayers your way. Gwen is so excited to meet her new friend :-)

    Love
    Caleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I have been checking this blog all night long!! We can't wait to hear what is going on....and finally meet this little guy!!!

    Hilarious writing Matt!!

    Love you guys--see you today or tomorrow

    Kyle, Wendy, Olive & Isla

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stoked for you guys!! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Matt you are really helping me understand my upcoming role for Lisa. I am looking forward to freaking out and being amazed at how tough Lisa is. Your writing is hilarious. Keep up the good work Lindsay!
    Praying for the three of you.
    Chasen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying and waiting with everyone else. Keep up the good work Lindsay and Matt!

    ReplyDelete