Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not So Average Joe

Day 1 complete. We're staying at the hospital until tomorrow because everyone says to stay as long as you can, but I'm starting to get cabin fever. Maybe it's because I'm sleeping on a 4x2 padded bench.

Lindsay is doing great and actually has more energy than me. Many friends and family stopped by yesterday and we enjoyed their visits. Joey was a perfect angel all day while the visitors were around, but after they left I soon learned that not everything about this little guy is quite so cute. Oh, how I look back now and laugh about the first time he cried and Lindsay and I both responded by saying, "Even his crying is cute." That feeling wore off after about 4 minutes. He screamed incessantly until about 1 am. Sleep deprived and rattled by Joey's shrill pitched wails, I told Lindsay, "I don't know if I'm cut out for this." And this was only night number one. I've instructed Joey to learn English ASAP so he can more effectively communicate his needs. We'll see if he's a good son and obeys his father.

Other notable day 1 moments: I heard the term "latching" discussed in both great detail and quantity. Joey had his first poop, which was tar-black and I've come to call "demon poop."

Despite the crying and demon poo, Joey is unbelievably cute and I'm pretty sure we're gonna keep him. We feel unbelievably blessed. It's official, the Miadich's are now a family! Here's some more pictures so that I can fulfill my "annoying dad with millions of pictures of his kid that nobody cares about" quota.

P.S. We didn't have two babies. The other baby in the pictures below is Kyle and Wendy Beall's latest creation - the adorable 9 week year old Isla.





3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Keep 'em comming! Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Lindsay you are amazing...and Matt, you are cut out for it - I don't even know you, but let me just say as a mom of 2 now, a sense of humor will take you a loooong way! He's amazing, and Beall - a-hem, I mean "Miadich" you are a beautiful mama. love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics! Matt, your writing is hysterical and brings much laughter. Adorable little Joey has won our hearts. Can't wait to play Grammy.
    MOM Beall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the both of you! He's a cutie that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete