Friday, May 28, 2010

Water Breakage aka Hoover's Second Dam

At 9:52 in the pm, Lindsay felt her water break as she bent over to pick up Walter's dog toy. My theory is that she was induced by the enormous portions that we had just consumed at Claim Jumper, which our mothers' had so generously treated us to. For those of you who have frequented this fine establishment, I'm sure you understand that the laws of physics do not allow for a full term baby and a full Claim Jumper meal to occupy the same belly concurrently. Thus, when she bent over, Newton's Third was proven correct once again.

I preceded to freak out for about 15 seconds, frantically throwing things into my bag as if I was headed on a week long vacation. Soon thereafter, I settled down a bit and I've been pacing back and forth ever since. Lindsay, on the other hand, has been cool as ice. She calmly cleaned the kitchen, took a shower, and patiently guided me through all the preparations that I had failed take care of before hand. All clean and ready to rock, she is more beautiful now then ever before.

The contractions are getting really close now, so it's probably time to be leaving for the hospital. More to come...more specifically a baby boy named Joseph Anthony Miadich.

All our love,
Matt & Lindsay




No comments:

Post a Comment